Hi, a lot of website now has changing image (like a photo slideshow) that is linked to a featured article. What is it called? and where can I find those widgets?

I have difficulty searching as I don't know the name of that widget.

Thanks, Robert

2 answers

Doug 1095
This was chosen as the best answer

Try doing a search for "image rotator" or "jquery rotator".

Here is a good tutorial for a popular version of this type of script.

Answered over 9 years ago by Doug

There is always jCarousel Lite, a smaller and neater cousin than jCarousel.

There is probably som nice cheap widget to buy at Code Canyon as well.

You could also build a custom version with jQuery quite easy using the animate and delay method (or the trusty plain vanilla JS setInterval and setTimeout functions).

Answered over 9 years ago by Jens Hedqvist