I did not understood how right hand side pictures are moving ?

Can somebody explain me how its css is written ? That thing looks great. I would like to design same.



5 answers

Welbog 50
This was chosen as the best answer

I am the author of this website. I've prepared an explanation of the CSS used, as well as my initial concepts which you should be able to use to figure it out.

Next time, though, I think it would be better if you had just asked me.

Answered almost 10 years ago by Welbog

Even better, you can isolate what CSS applies to certain parts of the site. The Firefox extension Firebug is a great tool that lets you do just that. Just "Inspect" any element and it'll tell you what CSS properties apply to that element.

Answered almost 10 years ago by Daryl Claudio

Fixed background and transparent window: style.css Email the site owner; he/she would probably tell you more.

Answered almost 10 years ago by songdogtech

To look without any addons just view the pagesource and look at any CSS in that file or see what's linked. In this one you can see the following:

<base href="http://welbog.homeip.net/glue/">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="style/style.css">

So edit the address to be http://welbog.homeip.net/glue/style/style.css (base address + stylesheet address) and you can see the CSS. That along with the source you viewed previously will give you what you need. Watch for multiple links to multiple stylesheets as well.

Firebug or the "Web Developer Tools" addins are easier, but if you don't want to add them in to your browser you can use this method.

Answered almost 10 years ago by Jim Sewell
Rob 230

For what it's worth, this method was highlighted on a blog somewhere by it's original creator. Unfortunately, I don't have the link. Perhaps others recall there was a circlular image on the left hand side illustrating the technique a few months ago.

Answered almost 10 years ago by Rob